Quit Smoking Today


An all-too-common story:

Many hypnotherapists who focus on smoking cessation have lost love ones to smoking. My own father smoked two packs of Camels a day. He died suddenly of his first heart attack just before Christmas at the age of 53. He did not get a warning or a second chance. He lost over a third of his life experiences. He never met his three grandsons and missed seeing them grow up over the years.

He lost everything he had in life and everything he ever would have in the future, because of what, cigarettes?

Stop Smoking Today

Stop Smoking Today

Smokers increase their death rate from 12 people per 100,000 population to 137 per 100,000 (almost 12 times greater). Even if you don’t drop dead from smoking, it will certainly cost you a lot. Smokers spend $3,000 to $7,000 per year on direct cigarette purchases. But cigarettes also have hidden costs. Another $2,700 per year is spent for higher life insurance premiums, health costs, auto insurance, etc.

If you don’t have health insurance and suffer a heart attack, the medical costs can easily bankrupt you. In fact, medical costs are the most common reason for bankruptcy. Even for those covered by insurance, co-pays and lost wages and disability from a needless heart attack can wipe you out financially.

If you quit smoking today, the nearly $6,000 to $10,000 in annual savings would be enough to increase your family’s savings substantially. If your spouse also smokes and quits, you can double those benefits. You could easily take the whole family on a pleasant vacation each year.

I get it. But how does hypnotherapy help me quit without climbing the walls or gaining weight?

Chances are you will need hypnotherapy to quit. In fact, you only have a 5% chance of quitting cold turkey. Our subconscious defense mechanisms shoot down 95% of those attempts. This is a documented fact. But you probably already sensed that anyway.

That is because smoking is a coping mechanism for stress. Over time smoking also becomes tightly associated with a variety of social activities (smoking after meals, while driving, etc.). And as the dosage increases, you can become physically addicted to nicotine.

Associating Smoking with Drinking

Associating Smoking with Drinking

The subconscious mind will fiercely defend conscious efforts to quit smoking. Why? Because not smoking threatens your comfort zone.

Just reading this discussion probably made you a little anxious. You consciously understand the benefits, but your subconscious defense mechanism are becoming, well, defensive.

In hypnosis, you will break the connections with cigarettes, without diverting that energy into food or overeating. Instead, cigarettes will be replaced with a positive or neutral “anchor” that provides the same satisfaction, without smoking.

Hypnosis is recognized by the American Medical Association as being particularly effective with smoking cessation programs. The patch, gum and e-cigarettes address the nicotine issue, but really don’t help with the psychological connection to smoking or handle defense mechanisms.

Hypnosis addresses both the physical and psychological aspects of smoking, without getting sabotaged by the subconscious defense mechanisms.

I encourage you to assemble a team at work or among friends to quit smoking today. Special discounts are also available for GMU Students and FCPS teachers and staff. Group discounts are available. Or just quit on your own. Either way, you will be doing yourself and your family the favor of a lifetime.

Quit Smoking Today

Quit Smoking Today

Check out Hyp-Nova TV (below) for videos about habit formation and the subconscious mind.

John Newman, C.Ht. is certified in Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI).

NEXT STEP: If you are local to Northern Virginia, contact us for your free phone consultation. Our Certified Hypnotherapist can also travel up to 50 miles for groups of at least 5 individuals.